A global consumer goods company made a decision to close one of its facilities in Europe. While reviewing the assets it might redeploy or sell externally, the company discovered the information on the assets was incomplete and disorganized. Its management team requested a more efficient process to capture information on the assets and understand their value for both redeployment and sale purposes.
The company required a partner who could deliver a multi-faceted solution. This comprehensive solution from Liquidity Services included:
- Asset cataloging and tracking
- Market research and analysis on similar assets based on timely data
- Valuations for redeployment and sales purposes
- Private treaty and online auctions through Liquidity Services’ GoIndustry DoveBid marketplace to promote and sell the equipment in a transparent manner to its global buyer base
- Promotional and marketing campaigns to promote online sales efforts of listed items
- Flexible approach given extension of internal redeployment requests into the company’s external sales timeframe
Working in partnership with the client, Liquidity Services was successful in producing an accurate detailed sales catalog of all company assets, which included photographs, pricing and reserve advice. Utilizing Liquidity Services’ proprietary web-based AssetZone® platform, assets were listed with details and all idle or surplus assets were made available for redeployment to the client’s facilities around the globe. All assets that were not redeployed by other locations were sold through the GoIndustry DoveBid marketplace, returning value to the client. Through this process, the company saved over $2.8 million through redeployment efforts and more than 350 lots of items were ultimately sold, netting the company an additional $611,900 in returned capital.